Councils & Committees
Members with an interest in a particular side of the business can take advantage of specialty councils, groups, forums, and networks. Participation is open all year.
- Global Real Estate Council of Orlando
Committed to educating the REALTOR® family on how to conduct international real estate transactions with foreign nationals and understanding the cultural issues.
- Orlando Regional Commercial Council
As a member of the ORRA Commercial Council, you can take advantage of a number of benefits and programs designed to meet the unique needs of a commercial practitioner.
- Orlando Regional Property Management Council – Creates awareness to minimize risk through relevant education and networking events for REALTORS® interested or engaged in property management, and coordinates with Professional Development to avoid overlap of services.
- Young Professional Network
A growing group of young, career-minded real estate professionals who want to stay abreast of the latest tools and resources. YPN offers involvement through mentors, networking events, and community service projects.
Members who wish to make an impact on their association and their profession share their time, talents, and expertise through service as volunteers on ORRA committees. Requests to serve are made available to the membership each autumn.
- Awards – Promotes recognition of outstanding member contributions and selects recipients of local awards.
- Budget & Finance – Prepares the ensuing year’s budget, reviews monthly financial statements and requests for expenses not covered in the budget, determines the financial impact to the budget, and makes recommendations to the board of directors. Establishes and reviews an investment policy and makes appropriate recommendations for asset allocations.
- Communications – Guides the internal and external communications and marketing efforts of the association to enhance the REALTOR® image.
- Cultural Diversity - Enhances awareness of issues related to diversity, cultural inclusion, and fair housing. Provides information and tools to help members work effectively with diverse populations and build business success in today’s multicultural real estate market. Outreaches to other organizations (financial literacy education for students, first-time homebuyers' course to diversity ownership).
- Governmental Affairs – Tracks legislation and regulations at local, state, and national levels that affect the real estate industry, participates in public meetings and communicates with government officials. Handles RPAC fundraising and candidate screening activities.
- Grievance – Reviews complaints against members and arbitration requests in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of NAR and, when appropriate, refers them to the Professional Standards Committee for a hearing.
- Professional Development – Promotes awareness of the value of ongoing real estate education and implements local educational objectives and programs; seeks out new and innovative education benefits for the membership; and communicates with various committees to prevent duplication of efforts.
- Professional Standards – Enforces the Code of Ethics by conducting hearings in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of NAR.
Specialty Council Operations Committees
- Commercial Operations – Provides opportunities to increase the knowledge of REALTORS® interested in entering the commercial area of real estate. Seeks to enhance REALTOR® success by conducting commercial business, and coordinates with Professional Development to avoid overlap of services.
- Global Operations – Provides educational opportunities to increase the knowledge of REALTORS® interested in global real estate. Plans events with global entities, creates and participates in trade missions to learn about the various global markets, and coordinates with Professional Development to avoid overlap of services.
- Property Management Operations – Creates awareness to minimize risk through relevant education and networking events for REALTORS® interested or engaged in property management, and coordinates with Professional Development to avoid overlap of services.
- Young Professionals Network Operations – Assists REALTORS® to develop professionally in association leadership and real estate advocacy, and offers networking and community volunteerism opportunities.
- Affiliate – Recommends value-added affiliate-driven educational programs and networking opportunities that foster REALTOR®-Affiliate business relationships and coordinating with other committees to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Broker – Gathers broker input on industry issues and topics of importance for event planning purposes.
- Multiple Listing Service – Assists REALTORS® on the operations of Stellar MLS and gathers feedback on the functionality of the system and the other services offered.
If you have any questions please contact the Administration Department Admin@orlandorealtors.org.