What you get for your dues dollars...
- More than 100 classes a year — many, many at no cost — that fulfill continuing education requirements, lead to professional designations, and provide additional skills or knowledge.
- Programs to promote diversity within the real estate industry and ORRA's membership.
- Affordable, efficient methods for REALTORS® and the public to address disagreements over the details of a real estate transaction: ethics complaint filing; mediation; and arbitration.
- Representation of REALTORS® before local municipalities and governmental agencies.
- Lobbying for decisions that benefit REALTORS® in issues such as sign ordinances and FREC regulations.
- Protection of the ability to practice real estate.
- Recommendations of candidates for election based on their positions on issues that are important to REALTORS®.
- Support of candidates with funding from the REALTOR® Political Action Committee.
- "Issue forums" to keep members informed of local or statewide issues that impact the real estate industry.
- Educational luncheons featuring presentations about the local real estate market, the association, and issues affecting the real estate industry.
- Social events, including a holiday open house and member appreciation reception.
- Breakfast meetings designed to meet the special needs of brokers and brokerages.
Awards & Recognition
- Annual awards program that recognizes REALTORS® who have contributed to the association, to the community, and to the industry.
- A variety of community service projects, primarily to the benefit of A Gift for Teaching and the Coalition for the Homeless.
- A charitable foundation, the Florida Real Estate Foundation, which generates funds in support of additional programs and services for REALTORS® and the real estate industry.
Communications & Publications
- Bi-monthly news magazine plus weekly and monthly e-newsletters that keep members up-to-date with happenings within the local real estate market, with local issues, and with ORRA activities and educational classes.
- Website loaded with services and information for REALTORS® and consumers.
- Multi-media public awareness campaign that encourages consumers to "get off the fence" and utilize the services of a REALTOR® when buying or selling a home.
- A broker listserv for discussing industry issues.
- Public and media relations activities, including monthly real estate housing statistics that communicate accurate market conditions.
Quality of Life
- ORRA REALTOR® Store that stocks products used by REALTORS® such as yard signs, riders, calculators, etc.
- Discounted prices on used Supra lockboxes.
- Help with Supra keys, member benefits, dues payments, and other membership services.