New from ORRA: Excellence in Professionalism - Gold Key Certification
Thursday, January 15, 2015
ORRA has introduced a new certification designed to illustrate the ultimate in REALTOR® professionalism and quality service.
The Excellence in Professionalism – Gold Key Certification is a project of the ORRA Standards Task Force, which was charged with developing a program to supplement the teachings and principles of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
Download the brochure
View class dates and register (ORRA Online Education Calendar/Designation Classes)
"More than 50 percent of complaints nationwide that are filed with state real estate licensing authorities are about issues that are not governed by the REALTOR® Code of Ethics,” explains ORRA Standards Task Force 2014 Chairman Jeff Fagan, Watson Realty Corp. “We wanted to create a program that both educates ORRA members over and above compliance with the COE, and serves as a source of recognition for those who complete the program.”
Gold Key Certification is available to agents, brokers, and even entire offices. The cornerstone of the program is a single, all-day class that is worth seven continuing education credits and is also FREE to ORRA members.
Topics covered during the class range from the philosophy of customer service to the nuts and bolts of creating an effective customer-service assessment tool. Other topics include:
• Learning how risk management increases professionalism;
• Establishing standards for transaction execution;
• Adapting to the changing standards of buyers and sellers;
• Redefining your skills to understand current disclosure issues;
• Utilizing web-based systems for efficient transaction management;
• Dealing effectively with difficult clients; and much more!