February 22, 2012
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
FREC’s Playbook Updates
Florida brokers and salespersons must take three hours of Core Law annually to fulfill the state’s continuing education requirements for license renewal (14 hours total).
Each year the Florida Legislature passes and amends real estate laws, which are published in the Florida Statutes and in the Rules of the Florida Real Estate Commission. The Core Law class reviews recent changes to both state and federal real estate laws and rules.
By attending this program, attendees will…
- Understand the recent law changes enacted by FREC.
- Understand why the DBPR requires audits and inspections and how to be in compliance.
- Learn about the real estate recovery fund and why it was created.
- Know what guidelines must be applied while maintaining an escrow account.
- Know what disclosure is required in a residential rental agreement.
- Understand the landlord’s and tenant’s obligation to maintain the premises.
- Become familiar with the range of penalties—from lowest to highest—that are available to FREC.
- Know how a respondent can object to a violation.
Dick Fryer, ABR, DREI
As a licensed real estate broker and instructor, Mr. Fryer has taught thousands of real estate students over the past 28 years. An ORRA past president, he was named 2002 Educator of the Year by Florida Realtors® and currently serves on the National Advisory Board of the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC).
3 CE credits (3 Core Law credits)
FREC required course
ORRA Members: $30
Non-ORRA Members: $45
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure |
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.