Every REALTOR® must complete the NAR Mandatory REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training by December 31, 2016. REALTORS® who do not meet the requirement will have their REALTOR® status suspended on January 1, 2017. This is a nationwide requirement for all REALTORS® mandated by NAR.
STEP ONE: Determining if you need the training
If you have successfully completed one of the following since January 1, 2013, then you have satisfied the REALTOR® Code of Ethics training requirement:
- Attended a live Code of Ethics class at ORRA
- Attended the Professional Standards Annual Training Course
- Attended the Professional Standards Course in the GRI 100 Series
- Attended New Member Orientation
- Completed NAR's Online Code of Ethics Course for New or Existing Members
- Completed ORRA's Online Code of Ethics Course through TheCEShop.com or RealEstateCE.com
Verifying your status: To verify that your record accurately reflects a Code of Ethics course you have already taken or completed online, please go to ORRA's website at www.orlandorealtors.org and login to your account by clicking on "Member LOGIN", located under "Quick Links" on ORRA Homepage, and entering your NRDS ID # (also known as your ORRA Member # or MLS ID #) and Password.
When your account pulls up, at the top left under your name you will see COE Complete: Yes or No. If the COE Complete category has a status of Yes, then you have met the requirement and do not need to take additional training.
If the answer is No, refer to Step Two below to review your options or contact ORRA's Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email@example.com to schedule the required training.
*If you have fulfilled the requirement by taking an approved course and your Completion Status indicates "No", please email a copy of the Course Completion Report that includes your name, course name, course provider, and course date to firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you have recently taken the NAR Online COE course, please allow up to two weeks for your status to be updated.
STEP TWO: Fulfilling the REALTOR® Code of Ethics requirement
If you have determined that you need to complete the Code of Ethics requirement, you can:
- Attend a Code of Ethics class at ORRA
- Take the 4-hour Code of Ethics Course online through ORRA's continuing education online provider, The CE Shop for only $10 (4 CE Credits)
- Take the 3-hour Commercial Ethics course online through ORRA's continuing education online provider, The CE Shop for only $15 (3 CE Credits)
- Take NAR's free online REALTOR® Code of Ethics course for new or existing members
Please note: No CE credit hours are available when taking the course via NAR's online course.
If you have any questions, please contact ORRA's Professional Development Department at email@example.com or call 407-513-7268.