- The Orlando Board of REALTORS® was established in 1921.
- The Winter Park Board of REALTORS® was established in 1953.
- The Orlando and Winter Park boards of REALTORS® merged in 1962 to become the Orlando-Winter Park Board of REALTORS®.
- The name was officially changed to the Orlando Area Board of REALTORS® in 1983, then to the Orlando Area Association of REALTORS® in 1989.
- In 1990, the Orlando Area Association of REALTORS® merged with the Seminole County Board of REALTORS®, established in 1953, to become the Greater Orlando Association of REALTORS®.
- In 1993, GOAR's multiple listing service became a separate corporation called the Central Florida Real Estate Information Service.
- In 1994, the Central Florida Commercial Real Estate Society (CFCRES) was established. In 2006, the group formed a separate association known as the Central Florida Commercial Association of REALTORS® (CFCAR).
- In 1995, five neighboring associations joined with GOAR to create the Mid-Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service (MFRMLS).
- In 2000, the association launched its largest transformation to date, adopting a progressive business plan and changing its name to the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association.