What New Brokers Need to Know
For new brokers joining ORRA, a new initiative was implemented February 2012 – New Broker Orientation - which includes the mandatory Code of Ethics class and a special 4 CE credit class entitled "Brokerage Management."
ORRA is inviting only existing Qualifying Brokers and Sitting Managers (written approval from Qualifying Broker required), as indicated on their ORRA membership record, to attend the Brokerage Management class since it has never been offered before.
Being in charge of your office is more complex in today's market and with the addition of agents and other staff members, you have assumed more responsibility and risk. Therefore, we hope you will consider attending.
The key learning objectives in this class include:
- Review of the Broker Manual.
- Creating a Business Plan.
- Considerations when opening your own office such as size, location,
forms, equipment, marketing and advertising, documents, and records.
- Staffing concerns including recruiting, IC vs. employee, full-time vs.
part-time agents, job descriptions, and computer literacy.
- Working with salespeople – policy and procedure manual, contracts and
forms manual, training programs, staff meetings, key security, sexual
harassment, farming systems, and goal setting.
- Expanding company services to include the appraisal process,
intra-company referrals, mortgage brokerage services, and representing
- Regulations including DBPR, Department of Revenue, escrow account requirements, and the Landlord/Tenant Act.
This class includes:
- Florida Real Estate Brokerage Management Manual
- NAR Real Estate Brokerage Essentials 3rd Edition Book
- 4 hours of instructional time!
- 4 CE Credits
- Boxed lunch from 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Upcoming Class Dates
Tuesday, January 06, 2015
Tuesday, February 03, 2015
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
Tuesday, April 07, 2015
Tuesday, May 05, 2015
Tuesday, June 02, 2015
Tuesday, July 07, 2015
Tuessday, August 04, 2015
Tuesday, September 01, 2015
Tuesday, October 06, 2015
Tuesday, November 03, 2015
Tuesday, December 01, 2015
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association, 1330 Lee Road, Orlando, FL 32810
$25 fee or forfeiture of registration fee if canceled within 3 days of course date or for no shows.
Refunds/Cancellation Notice Requests:
Please contact us via one of the following methods:
Fax: 407.513.9120 Phone: 407.513.7268 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles S. Bonamer, CRB, ITI, GRI
Chuck Bonamer is the president of TRANS-EQUITY, Inc., REALTORS® and has been a managing broker for over 30 years. His brokerage firm renders litigation support and lecture services to the brokerage and law industries. He was awarded the Top Instructor Award for At Home with Diversity by NAR and REALTOR® of the Year by the Venice Board. He has authored many GRI courses for several states and his RE Brokerage Management Policy Manual is used by many brokerages throughout Florida.
4 CE Credits
3 RMC Credits for Brokers
ORRA Qualifying Brokers and Sitting Managers: $79
On-Site: Registration Fee + $15
Please call 407-513-7268 or
Business casual attire requested
for education programs.
Download the Brochure
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.