Office Assistant Membership
With many REALTOR® members now employing personal assistants, ORRA receives numerous inquiries about the duties they may perform, how they may be paid, and the broker and agent's responsibilities under law. ORRA has prepared Guidelines for Employing Personal Assistants or ORRA Office Assistants based upon information provided by FREC and ORRA Legal Counsel which we recommend reviewing to fully understand the rules and regulations associated with this membership type.
Office Assistant membership is unique to ORRA and is usually desired for assistants who:
- Wish to be on the mailing list
- Wish to lease a Supra KEY to perform duties for the agent or broker they are assisting in compliance with the above Guidelines.
Office Assistant Membership requires a $75.00 fee paid to ORRA and is annually billed to the broker of the office regardless of whether they are assisting an agent or the broker themselves.
Office Assistant Application Process
For ORRA to process your application, please follow these instructions:
- Submit the completed and signed Office Assistant Membership Application signed by the broker.
- Schedule an appointment for the Supra KEY. Payment is due at the appointment (payable to Supra).
- Advise ORRA whether MFRMLS access will be required (please refer to MFRMLS assistants)
- Submit a legible copy of the assistant's driver's license or government-issued I.D.
- Submit appropriate payment for ORRA dues and MFRMLS fees (if applicable).
MFRMLS Assistants (unlicensed)
There are 3 different types of Unlicensed Assistants unique to MFRMLS,
- Personal Assistant
- Brokerage Office Staff Assistant
- Company Assistant
Refer to Procedural Guidelines for MFRMLS Unlicensed Assistant/User Access for details.
To become an MFRMLS Unlicensed Assistant there is a $65.00 set-up fee required and a prorated annual access amount (payable to MFRMLS). The annual amount will be billed by MLS on September 30th. Please refer to the Unlicensed Assistant Fee Schedule for the monthly prorations.
a. Please submit a completed and signed Unlicensed Assistant/User Information Form (employer's and assistant's signatures required).
b. MFRMLS also requires Unlicensed Assistants to attend the "Introduction to MLS" Basic class and the "MLXchange Entering & Updating Listings (Listing Maintenance)" class within 60 days of MLS access.
c. Submit a legible copy of the assistant's driver's license or government-issued I.D.
d. Submit appropriate payment for MFRMLS fees.
Due to the specific guidelines and procedures associated with this membership type, we recommend contacting ORRA's Membership Department by calling 407.513.7282 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org before emailing or faxing an application.