2013 ORRA Leadership Election: candidates and voting information
Thursday, July 19, 2012
ORRA members will soon (September 24 through 28) be voting on candidates who are running for open positions on the 2013 Board of Directions.
» Get to know the candidates
Read their applications and watch video messages from the candidates.
Contested Positions - voting required
There are two candidates running for the chairman-elect position. The winner of the chairman-elect position automatically ascends to the chairman position in 2014:
- Justin LaManna, Homevest Realty; and
- Zola Szerencses, RE/MAX 200 Realty.
A total of eight candidates are running for four available director positions:
- Abby Barboza, Abbey Road Realty;
- Dennis Burgess, Legends Realty;
- Michael Demcho, Watson Realty Corp.;
- Len Goffredo, Abbey Road Realty;
- Dan Lopez, Legends Realty;
- Reese Stewart, RE/MAX Properties, SW;
- Theodora Uniken Venema, Downtown Brokers, LLC.; and
- Sharon Voss, Watson Realty Corp.
Uncontested Positions - voting not required
One candidate is running for each of two vice chairman positions, which means no voting is necessary and the candidates will assume a vice chairman position:
- Cindy Brads, Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate;
vice chairman of budget and finance; and
- Jen Dollar, Realty Executives Seminole
vice chairman of strategic planning.
One candidate is running for the affiliate director position, which means no voting is necessary and the candidate will assume the affiliate director position:
- Alice Weinberg, Seminole County Property Appraiser.
Confidential voting for this year’s election will take place online via https://www.associationvoting.com/orra/, and only those ORRA members who are in good standing by August 31 will be granted access to the electronic ballot.
Voting will open at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, September 24 and will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 28.*
Biographies of the candidates will be posted on the ORRA website by Wednesday, September 19. Please watch for a notice of availability.
Voting results will be announced during the ORRA New Member Reception to be held on Wednesday, October 3 in the ORRA Conference Center. Results will also be posted on the ORRA website.
* Please note: The time of the closing of voting was listed incorrectly in the September/October issue of Orlando REALTOR® magazine. Voting will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 28, 2012.