It's quadrennial COE time!
Thursday, February 2, 2012
This is a NAR mandatory third cycle REALTOR® Code of Ethics training year, which means that by December 31, 2012, every REALTOR® (brokers, agents, and even appraisers) must have completed some form of COE training between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2012.
REALTORS® who do not meet this national requirement will have their REALTOR® status terminated on January 1, 2013.
If any REALTOR® has successfully completed one of the following since January 1, 2009 then the Mandatory Quadrennial Code of Ethics training requirement has been met:
- Attended a COE class at ORRA;
- Attended a new-member orientation at ORRA;
- Taken ORRA’s online COE class;
- Taken NAR’s online COE class; or
- Attended the professional standards class as part of the GRI 1 track.
Read more to determine if you or your agents need to take COE training in 2012 and to view options for taking the class through ORRA or NAR.