ORRA wins national grant for diversity education
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Updated: January 18, 2012
The Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association has been awarded $3,000 to implement a series of diversity training classes in 2012. The money was granted through the National Association of REALTORS® Diversity Initiative program, and ORRA is providing an additional $1,000 toward the classes.
ORRA will be offering diversity training classes to three specific segments of the ORRA membership: the general membership; current leadership; and participants in the 2012 ORRA Leadership Institute.
The diversity training class to be offered to the general membership will be both free and worth four continuing education credits. The curriculum will focus on techniques for marketing to diverse populations via online resources, and include discussion about:
- The need for marketing efforts that address diverse populations;
- The need for a website that is friendly to diverse populations;
- Online tools for marketing to diverse populations;
- Protected classes;
- Advertising guidelines that address diversity issues; and
- Suggestions and ideas for specific marketing projects that target diverse populations.
The class will be offered on March 9 and October 10 of this year.
Learn more and register