ORRA members to vote on proposed bylaw changes at ORRA Holiday Open House
Friday, October 28, 2011
Updated: November 21, 2011
The membership will be asked to vote on proposed changes to the ORRA Bylaws during the ORRA Holiday Open House on Wednesday, December 14. The proposed changes address the implementation of an orientation requirement for new brokers, and a name change for the association.
1. Article V, Section 3. and Section 4. a.
Section 3. a. Election
1) Brokers are required to complete a mandatory Broker Orientation class within 120 days from the Association’s receipt of their application.
2) If a Broker does not complete the mandatory Broker Orientation class within 120 days, membership may, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, be terminated.
b. Section 4. New Member Code of Ethics Orientation
1) (For REALTORS®) Failure to satisfy this requirement within 60 45 days of the date of application (or alternatively, the date that provisional membership was granted) will result in denial of the membership application or termination of provisional membership.
2) (For Brokers) Failure for Brokers to satisfy this requirement within 120 days of the date of application (or alternatively, the date that provisional membership was granted) will result in denial of the membership applicaton or terminatin of provisional membership.
Article 1, Section 1. Name
1) The name of this organization shall be the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association Central Florida REALTORS®, Incorporated, hereinafter referred to as the "Association." In these Bylaws, wherever membership in the Association is referenced, it shall include any predecessor of the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association Central Florida REALTORS®.
Article XI, Section 4. Officers and Board of Directors
4) Elected Affiliate Director-at-Large. One Affiliate Member shall be elected by REALTOR® and Affiliate Members to a two-year term. The elected Affiliate shall have been a Member of the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association Central Florida REALTORS® for at least three years...
Article XIX, Section 1. Multiple Listing
1) Authority. The Orlando Regional REALTOR Association Central Florida REALTORS® shall participate in a Multiple Listing Service which shall be a lawful corporation of the State of Florida, all the stock of which shall be owned by the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association Central Florida REALTORS® and all other participating association of REALTORS®.