ORRA earns national grant for diversity education
Thursday, May 5, 2016
The ORRA Market Diversity Task Force has been awarded a $1,500 grant and will use the money to subsidize a diversity training class for REALTORS®. The money was granted through the National Association of REALTORS® Diversity Initiative program.
The class, NAR’s At Home With Diversity, is only $39 and worth seven continuing education credits. It will be held at ORRA on Thursday, May 26, 2016 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
More than one-third of all Americans are minorities, and by 2050 minorities will be the majority. AHWD will prepare you to work with today's diverse pool of homebuyers by learning to adapt to increasing cultural diversity in the market. The course will provide:
- Updated statistics, demographics, exercises, and resources;
- Improved focus on the subtleties of fair housing;
- Greater emphasis on developing a business plan;
- Details on business etiquette for specific cultures;
- Additional attention to international clientele and real estate practice; and more.
Learn more and register