REALTOR® Code of Ethics training requirements for 2016
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
It’s that time again! Every two years all REALTORS® need to refresh their ethics training, and 2016 is it. The National Association of REALTORS® requires each member to complete REALTOR® Code of Ethics training by December 31, 2016. There’s lots of training options, and it’s possible you’ve already fulfilled the requirement:
STEP ONE: Determine if you need the training
If you have successfully completed one of the following since January 1, 2013, then you have satisfied the REALTOR® Code of Ethics (COE) training requirements:
- Attended a live (COE) class at ORRA;
- Attended the ORRA Professional Standards annual training course;
- Attended the ORRA Professional Standards course in the GRI 100 Series;
- Attended a new member orientation;
- Completed NAR's online COE course (for new or existing members); or
- Completed ORRA's online COE course through TheCEShop.com or RealEstateCE.com.
To verify that your record accurately reflects a COE course you have already taken or completed online, please go to ORRA's website at orlandorealtors.org and login to your account by clicking on "Member LOGIN" and entering your NRDS ID # (also known as your ORRA Member # or MLS ID #) and ORRA password.
When your account pulls up, at the top left under your name you will see “COE Complete: Yes or No.” If your completion status is “Yes,” then you have met the requirement and do not need to take additional training.
If your completion status is “No,” refer to Step Two below to review your options or contact ORRA's Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the required training.
Note: If you have fulfilled the requirement by taking an approved course and your completion status is "No", please email a copy of the Course Completion Report that includes your name, course name, course provider, and course date to email@example.com
STEP TWO:: Fulfill the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Requirement
If you have determined that you need to complete the COE requirement, you can fulfill the requirement by:
- Attending a COE class at ORRA;
- Taking the four-hour COE online course through ORRA's continuing education online provider The CE Shop ($10 | four continuing education credits);
- Taking the three-hour commercial ethics course online through ORRA's continuing education online provider, The CE Shop ($15 | three continuing education credits); or
- Taking NAR's free online REALTOR® Code of Ethics course for new or existing members.
Please note: No CE credit hours are available when taking the course via NAR's online course.
Questions? Contact the ORRA Professional Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.