Party's Not Over
Thursday, November 05, 2015
Orlando REALTOR® | NovemberDecember 2015
By Sharon Voss
This, my wonderful members, is the end of my year of serving you. I’m very proud of what ORRA accomplished in 2015, all thanks to the time and effort put forth by our officers and directors, committee chairs and members, and many others. Here are just a few examples, starting and ending with my top priority this year - member education:
- Fifty days of FREE continuing education courses in 2015 (on top of all the other free classes that we offer).
- A record-breaking attendance at our annual REALTOR® expo.
- Creation of the ORRA Top Producer Club, recognizing our first Bronze, Silver, and Gold level individual and team performers.
- Increased our efforts to support of the community, including sponsoring lots of high profile events related to homelessness, fair housing, our local economy, and the arts (I was proud to speak on your behalf at most of these!).
- Groundbreaking of the first to-be-donated house in the Heroes’ Commons at Jefferson Park development, a project of our Florida Real Estate Foundation.
- REALTOR® Night Out events, for a broadway show at the Dr. Phillips Center and an Orlando City Soccer Club game.
- Creation of the ORRA Property Management Council to accommodate the tremendous surge of interest in this business specialty.
- The 25th anniversary of our Annual Real Estate Law Symposium.
- Two of our councils, the Orlando Regional Commercial Council and the Global Real Estate Council of Orlando, received the highest forms of recognition from National Association of REALTORS®.
- By year’s end more than 1,200 REALTORS® completed ORRA’s own, brand new Excellence in Professionalism – Gold Key Certification program.
It has been my honor and privilege to serve you as your president. It is a role that I made a priority at all times, from dropping everything to accommodate a media interview request to taking calls from members with suggestions for improved service.
But I’m not going anywhere! I’ll be staying on the ORRA Board of Directors as immediate past president, stepping back and cheering everyone else on. I’m looking forward to sitting in the back seat and seeing where the fresh faces and their new ideas take us in 2016. But one thing that will stay the same is our belief in ORRA, in the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, and that under all is the land.
It’s not “farewell” … it’s “I’ll see you around.”
ORRA President Sharon Voss, Watson Realty Corp, is available at email@example.com.