Fall into these volunteer activities
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Do you have a some extra evening hours to offer to budding real estate professionals? Get into the holiday volunteerism spirit a little early by participating in Orlando Cares Path Finders, a career exploration program for middle school students.
The program is a joint effort between the City of Orlando and Junior Achievement, a frequent ORRA community service project partner.
Orlando Cares Path Finders is seeking two types of volunteers who can share their career experience as a real estate professional:
"Career Coaches" who can report to a middle school on a single date for two hours of very brief (10 minute) table discussions with revolving small (two to four students) groups. The time commitment is two hours, with discussions taking place at the following:
- Carver Middle School - Tuesday, October 27 from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Odyssey Middle School - Wednesday, October 28 from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Lee Middle School - Thursday, October 27 from 4 pm to 6 pm.
"Career Facilitators" who can report to a middle school once a week for six weeks to facilitate an in-depth, two-hour exploration session. Each session lasts from 4 pm to 6 pm and takes place at the following:
For more information, contact program coordinator Geeta Kumar or visit the program website.
- Carver Middle School - Each Tuesday from the week of October 6 through the week of November 10
- Odyssey Middle School - Each Wednesday from the week of October 6 through the week of November 10
- Lee Middle School - each Thursday between October 6 through the week of November 10