Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Orlando REALTOR® | July/August 2015
By Sharon Voss
It’s hard to believe that six months have already elapsed, and I’m half-way through my year of representing the ORRA membership. One thing that I’ve learned, through talking to tons of members, is that so many of us (myself included!) are unaware of just how much our association provides to us. Here are only a few examples:
- More than 70 classes in 2015 worth continuing education credit, absolutely FREE, plus a calendar chock-full of additional live and online classes;
- The new ORRA Excellence in Professionalism - Gold Key Certification program, also absolutely FREE;
- Access to crucial REALTOR® services such as the Supra lockbox system and the multiple listing service;
- A local REALTOR® Political Action Committee that works to get real-estate friendly political candidates elected to office and real-estate related issues addressed by our representatives;
- An annual multi-media public awareness campaign that saturates local TV, radio, print, outdoor, and online outlets with “Call Your REALTOR® messages;
- A website that houses an enormous amount of info and resources, include a “Find A REALTOR” search function for consumers;
- A charitable foundation that develops affordable housing projects for Orlando’s workforce and military veterans;
- Five specialty councils, along with their education and networking events;
- Membership events that are informative, educational, social, and just plain fun;
- The opportunity to contribute your time and expertise through volunteer service on ORRA’s many committees, task forces, and forums;
- Statistical resources such as the Market Pulse e-report, the ORRA Zip Code Plus reports, and a never-ending list of housing market data files;
- Orlando REALTOR® magazine (come to ORRA’s events and maybe you’ll get your picture published!);
- Weekly e-newsletters featuring the latest about ORRA’s educational offerings, upcoming events, and other important news; and
- Access a boatload of deals and discounts on business services, entertainment and the biggest local attractions.
This list is just the tip of the ORRA member-benefit iceberg, and it doesn’t even touch on the member benefits offered by Florida REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
If you have any questions, or would like to suggest a potential member benefit for us to consider, please contact me at any time. My inbox is always open!
ORRA President Sharon Voss, Watson Realty Corp, is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.