2014 ORRA Leadership Election - candidate and voting information
Friday, July 19, 2013
ORRA members will soon (September 23 through 27) be asked to vote on candidates who are running for open positions on the 2014 ORRA Board of Directors. Election results will be announced during ORRA’s annual expo on October 3.
View candidate videos >
Contested Positions - voting required
There are two candidates running for the chairman-elect position. The winner of the chairman-elect position automatically ascends to the chairman position in 2015:
- Cynthia Brads (Cindy), Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate (read bio); and
- Sharon Voss, Watson Realty Corp. (read bio).
A total of six candidates are running for four available director positions:
- Dennis Burgess, Legends Realty (read bio);
- Bruce Elliott, Regal Real Estate Professionals, LLC (read bio);
- Juan Carlos German, Carlos German & Team, Inc. (read bio);
- Steve Graul, Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate (read bio);
- Khalid Muneer, Jupiter Properties Inc. (read bio); and
- Theodora Uniken Venema, Downtown Brokers, LLC (read bio).
Uncontested Positions - voting not required
One candidate is running for one of two available vice chairman positions, which means no voting is necessary and the candidate will assume a vice chairman position:
John Lazenby, Colony Realty Group, Inc. (read bio).
Candidates’ video messages will soon be posted on the ORRA website. Please watch for a notice of availability and take advantage of these opportunities to get to know the candidates.
Confidential voting for this year’s election will take place online via https://www.associationvoting.com/orra/. Only those ORRA members who are in good standing by August 31 will be granted access to the electronic ballot.
Voting will open at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, September 23 and will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 27.
Voting results will be announced during the 2013 ORRA REALTOR® Expo on Thursday, October 3 at the Rosen Centre Hotel. Results will also be posted on the ORRA website.