FREF offers $1,500 scholarship for CIPS designation
Monday, April 01, 2013
The Florida Real Estate Foundation, ORRA’s charitable arm, has launched its first scholarship opportunity for Orlando REALTORS®.
The Ron Acker Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Scholarship will provide one current ORRA REALTOR® member with a $1,500 award toward completion of the CIPS designation.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m., on Friday, May 31, 2013; the scholarship winner will be announced on Friday, June 14, 2013.
Access the online application
To be eligible for the Ron Acker CIPS Scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold an active real estate license and have held an active real estate license for at least two consecutive years;
- Be currently active in the practice of real estate as an agent or broker;
- Be an active ORRA REALTOR® member and have been an active ORRA REALTOR member for at least two consecutive years;
- Be a member of the Global Real Estate Council of Orlando;
- Have served on at least one ORRA committee, task force, forum, or council/network board within the past two years;
- *Submit a one-paragraph essay stating how you believe the CIPS designation will benefit you and your clients.
All applications will be reviewed and approved by the Florida Real Estate Foundation and the Global Real Estate Council of Orlando Operations Committee.
The Florida Real Estate Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization created by the Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association to address critical housing opportunities for the residents of Central Florida and to improve the educational standards of the real estate professional.