Don’t Be a Victim! 5 Steps to REALTOR® Safety
July 13, 2012
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
The most dangerous part of your job…just got safer!
Knowledge, awareness, and empowerment are the keys to REALTOR® safety.The real estate industry has seen an increase in threats, robberies, assaults, and even murder over the past year. Now, more than ever, REALTORS® must arm themselves with the tools and techniques needed to keep themselves safe!
This interactive program will teach you how to become more aware of your surroundings, the potentially dangerous situations you may find yourself in, and will help you:
Mr. Wooten’s safety videos, along with other REALTOR® safety tips and information, are available on the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® online REALTOR® Safety Guide.
- Learn how to approach a vacant or foreclosed property and what to do and look for to ensure the house is secure.
- Learn the safest way to prepare for and conduct a listing appointment.
- Learn about the Smart Phone Safety App for REALTORS®.
- Learn what you need to do before hosting an open house and discover how to properly set up, close down and the best practices while conducting an open house.
- Learn how to safely show property to prospective buyers and tenants.
- Discover how to avoid dangerous situations on the road and in parking lots.
- Learn how to prepare YOUR own home for safety, inside and out.
Buy One, Get One!
Register for Andrew's class and attend Scams, Fraud, and Predatory Lending (3 CE) starting at 1:30 p.m. for FREE!
Andrew Wooten is the President of Safety Awareness Firearms Education (S.A.F.E.), and has been in the safety and security industry for over twenty-six years. He has conducted over six thousand training programs worldwide and is considered to be an expert in the fields of REALTOR® safety and security, crime and loss prevention, and specializes in the anticipation, recognition, and prevention of crime. He is a Florida REALTORS® faculty member and has spoken at REALTOR® associations across the country.
3 CE credits
3 RMC Elective Credits
Course provided by Florida REALTORS®
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: $30
Non-ORRA Members: $45
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
Attendees will receive an autographed copy of Mr. Wooten’s book, The Real Estate Guide to Safety. A $15 value absolutely FREE!!
|Download the Brochure |
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.
« Go to Upcoming Event List