Remedies for Real Property Disputes in Florida
May 30, 2012
1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
LEARN ABOUT BEST BUSINESS PRACTICES TO
AVOID - AND WIN - DISPUTES
Disputes over property can arise when a real estate transaction breaks down. The buyer might decide to back out of the contract at the last minute. Or the seller may have failed to make a disclosure, making it impossible to close. Attorney Gary Salzman will share some best practices to help you avoid (and if necessary, win) real property disputes, as well as the various remedies available to buyers and sellers alike.TOPICS COVERED WILL INCLUDE:
- Defaults under purchase and sale contracts -monetary and non-monetary defaults
- Seller's & buyer's remedies
- Compensatory, incidental, consequential and liquidated damages
- Specific performance, rescission, reformation, equitable liens and injunctions
- Mediation, arbitration, private judging and voluntary binding trial resolution
- Business practices to avoid (and win) disputes
- Collection issues
Gary Salzman, Esq.
Gary is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Business Litigation and has previously served six years on The Florida Bar's Business Litigation Certification Committee. Gary provides litigation, mediation and arbitration services for Business, Lender, Employment and Real Estate Disputes.
3 CE credits
Course provided by Affiliated Business Consultants, LLC
Business casual attire requested for education classes.
ORRA Members: FREE
Non-ORRA Members: $15
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure|
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.
« Go to Upcoming Event List