Build a world-class property management business by managing the pressure of time
October 10, 2016
9:00AM to 4:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This workshop will ask attendees to review all aspects of their business and give suggestions and solutions for improvement. By the end of the session, each person will have the tools to create an outstanding business plan.
Build a world-class property management business
- What is the vision for your business?
- Building a business plan – a blueprint for success
- Profitability and fees – getting the financials right
- Setting up the right structure for your business including tax planning
- Accountability – your policy and procedures manual
- Recruiting and managing staff – when to hire and who to hire – employee engagement – staff incentives – the abundance vs industrial mindsets
- Franchise or go it alone? The pros and cons of each system
- Handling conflict both internal and external
- Rent roll growth – where will the new business come from?
- Keys mistakes and how to avoid them
Managing the Pressure of Time
Understand the keys to good time management and stress management.
- What time actually is
- A self-management check-list (participant exercise)
- Facts about time
- An analysis of the use of time in the selling sphere
- You really are in control of more than you think! (participant exercise)
- The seven criteria for a good time management plan
- The five steps to time management
- The one key idea for managing time and increasing productivity that paid the creator $25,000 in 1918!
- The AAAbc of stress management
- Creating the "ideal week" (participant exercise)
About Kevin Hodges
Kevin began his career as a Property Manager for a local suburban Realtor in Adelaide, South Australia in 1984. During this time he installed one of the first computer programs to manage properties.
He then completed his licensing training over the next three years and moved from Property Management to Sales and then was appointed Sales Manager for his company. He was also appointed a Trainer for the Australia-wide First National Real Estate Group, training people all over Australia.
In 1996 Kevin opened his own agency and two years later formed a partnership with one of his friends. This business grew over the next few years into 13 full-time employees working in two offices. The business covered both sales and leasing as well as property management for both residential and commercial properties, with around 600 properties under management.
In 2011, Kevin and his partner decided to work separately and divided the company in the middle with each partner taking an office and half of the rent roll each.
Today, Kevin runs his own company again, Kevin Hodges Real Estate, specialising in residential property management.
Kevin has a great passion to see people do well in their chosen field. He has made most of the mistakes that can be made, as well as the successes! He brings years of experience to his training session.
Kevin also serves his local church by offering financial counselling and debt management services to the community as a volunteer.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL MEMBERS:
NON-PROPERTY MANAGEMENT MEMBERS:
$15 preregistered Free with free PMC membership!
$25 fee for cancellations within 3 days of event date or for no shows.
Thank You to the ORRA Property Management Council Sponsors