Work with international customers?
Foreign investors have long been investing in the U.S., especially here in Florida. Three main factors have driven foreign investments to new heights including, strong exchange rates of foreign currencies, competitive real estate values, and Florida's natural beauty.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Describe the six basic rules of a §1031 exchange
- Learn ways you can save customers a ton of tax
- Explain the FIRPTA foreign withholding tax rules
- Understand five exceptions to the FIRPTA tax
- Reveal IRS form 8288-B Withholding Certificate
as a way to reduce the FIRPTA
- Describe the W-7 ITIN form to your customers
- Reveal ways to eliminate the FIRPTA tax entirely
- Distinguish between a U.S. resident and a non-U.S.
- Explain rental properties and FIRPTA
- Learn what the Substantial Presence Test is
Nace Cohen, CPA, is an exchange consultant and instructor specialized in real estate taxation, §1031 exchanges and international income taxes. Based in Naples, Florida, he is the president of 1031 Exchange Connection, a qualified intermediary and independent firm of CPA's and real estate professionals engaged in 1031 exchanges and tax preparation.
January 7, 2014
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m.
ORRA Members: $40
On-site: registration + $15
Global Council Members: $20 - 50% OFF!
Call Professional Development to Register: 407-513-7268
Business casual attire requested for educational programs.
Course Provided by by 1031 Exchange Connection