What makes commercial deals work?
Whether it's that duplex around the corner, the standalone CVS Drug store, or the regional shopping center, someone owns them, someone operates them, and someone brokered the deal.
This program takes into account why they work, and sometimes why they don't. It all starts with the numbers, whether it's pro forma, construction costs, entitlements and zoning, or operating expenses. From there we go into what makes a good deal "good" and then what are the laws and rules regarding commercial tenants.
After this course, you will be able to...
- List types of commercial investment real estate.
- Calculate income, rate, or value, using 'IRV' formula.
- Explain net cash flow, return on investment, and debt service coverage.
- Calculate NOI when debt service coverage is 125%.
- List considerations of commercial investment.
- Explain basic financing requirements for investing.
- List concerns of each type of investment property.
Steven David has been part of the GRI faculty for more than 20 years, consistently scoring in the top 2 percent of the entire 60-instructor faculty. He has been a frequent speaker at the Florida REALTORS® Convention, and a video of his presentation, "7 Proven Techniques to Succeed in Today's Market" can be found on the Florida REALTORS® website. He has served as chairman for Professional Development twice, was 'State Educator of the Year' in 1997, and currently serves as chairman of the FAR Leadership Academy.
February 27, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
ORRA Members: $15
Non-ORRA Members: $30
On-site: + $15
Business casual attire requested for educational programs.
Course provided by
Walk The Talk Presentations