What you need to know about
the laws pertaining to foreign investors
Three experts will share information on what Realtors® and Property Managers should know about immigration law, taxation issues, and the landlord/tenant law to assist them in working with foreign investors.
Program topics, will include...
- Will buying property allow me and my family to live/work/study in the U.S.? For how long?
- Non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas
- Eligible family members and children over 21
- Obtaining TIN's and taxes for the foreign investor
- FIRPTA and how to avoid it by listing exceptions
- Obligations of withholding property manager as to payment to the IRS - monthly, quarterly, annually
- Forms, including W8ECI form from investor W8ECI
- Setting up LLC or corporation, S Corp or C Corp
- Why an international attorney?
- Business law as it pertains to foreign investors
- Much, much more!
Kashmira Bhavsar, Esq.
Andrew Fisher, Esq.
50% discount for Property Management Subcommittee & Global Council members
To receive discount fee please register directly with Professional Development at 407.513.7268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Island reception and networking with virgin tropical drinks and hors d'oeuvres immediately following program.
January 17, 2014
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Program
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Reception
Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m.
ORRA Members: $15
Non-ORRA Member: $30
On-site: + $15
Casual "themed" attire will be acceptable for this program.
Course provided by ORRA's Property Management Subcommittee & Global Council