July 20, 2012
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
What you really need to know…
Ready to go to the next level and become a broker? Great….but wait!
There are things REALTORS® need to know before they forge ahead with setting up their own brokerage firm and that requires a trusted resource to help them get prepared.
This course presents the considerations, possibilities, and practicalities of owning your own real estate brokerage firm. You will understand the reasons why not every REALTOR® succeeds in becoming a broker, and how to be one of those that do.
With the proper preparation, you can succeed - this course will show you how.
You will learn how to…..
- List the agency options the broker’s sales associates could offer the public.
- State the conflict(s) that could arise between practicing single agency for both buyers and sellers in the same brokerage firm.
- Construct a Profit and Loss statement.
- Contrast the operating expenses of a franchised firm to those of a non-franchised firm.
- Categorize and list the broker-owner’s responsibilities between FREC compliance and tax compliance.
- Construct a timeline from office inception to profitability based on market driven assumptions.
- Differentiate and list the pros and cons of the compensation plans discussed in the course.
Cynthia DeLuca, ABR, ASR, CSR, GRI
Ms. DeLuca is an active RE Broker and licensed instructor for many continuing education and GRI courses. She has also written several courses for the Florida REALTORS® and two GRI courses for the Nevada Association of REALTORS®. Ms. DeLuca was awarded the 2008 REALTOR® of the Year by the West Volusia Association of REALTORS®. She has been featured in both Florida REALTOR® magazine and REALTOR® Magazine.
3 CE credits
Course provided by Florida REALTORS®
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: $30
Non-ORRA Members: $45
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure |
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.