July 11, 2012
1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
"Eleven Ways to Lose Your License”
Hear from the FREC expert!
The director of FREC will be at ORRA to answer your compliance questions.
Do you have a burning question you’ve always wanted to ask regarding compliance with Florida’s Real Estate Regulations? Now’s your chance! In addition to questions from the floor, here is a sample of questions that will be addressed and answered:
- Real life examples of unlicensed activity.
- What’s being done about unlicensed activity?
- How do I file a complaint with the DBPR?
- I completed my continuing education, but I forgot to send in my license renewal payment. Can I continue to sell real estate and earn commissions during this lapse?
- Can a listing agent require a buyer to pay a transaction fee?
- What are agents required to disclose on websites, blogs, e-mail signatures, etc.?
- What are the most common violations?
- When FREC investigators visit a real estate brokerage, what are they looking for? What are some red flags that something is amiss?
- Can I pay an attorney at closing for a short sale negotiated by his office from my commission?
Director of the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC)
Before coming to the Division of Real Estate, Ms. Watkins served as a Senior Counsel for the Florida Association of REALTORS® where she had responsibility for providing in-house legal services to the largest trade association in the state of Florida. She gave training courses on a variety of issues including antitrust, regulatory compliance and more. For over 10 years Ms. Watkins has been a member of the Florida Bar.
NO CE credits
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: FREE
Non-ORRA Members: $15
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure |
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.