March 22, 2012
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Develop a Successful Niche in the §1031 Exchange Market
The tax deferred exchange, as defined in Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, offers investors one of the last great opportunities to build wealth and save taxes.
The course includes an overview of:
- The role of §1031 exchanges in the next real estate wave
- Short sales and §1031 exchanges
- Seller financing/installment sales
- Vacation properties
- Reverse exchange
- Benefits and reasons to pursue a §1031 exchange
- Amendment to §121
- Exchange issues and other relevant matters
Claudia M. Kiernan, Esq.
Certified Exchange Specialist
Claudia Kiernan, Esq. is an Assistant Vice President for Investment Property Exchange Services, Inc. She is a member of the Florida Bar and New York Bar. She received her Bachelor Degree from Hunter College and her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. She lectures extensively to accountants, attorneys, financial planners, and real estate brokers and agents on the subject of §1031 exchanges. Claudia is an active member of various industry associations.
3 CE credits
Course provided by Investment Property Exchange Services
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: FREE
Non-ORRA Members: $15
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure|
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.