7/18/2012 to 7/19/2012
July 18-19, 2012
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
What's the Next Real Estate Business Trend?
Property Management for single family homes, two to four unit homes, condos and townhomes…
Property management can be a lucrative business opportunity for you today. Create a new business niche by registering for this two-day "REPM" course and transfer your real estate skills to a new steady stream of income from property management. The program material will outline straight forward procedures and best practices to be successful within the law. Other topics being presented are:
- Overview of the development of property management professions.
- Landlord-tenant laws in Florida, government laws, rules and other regulations.
- Federal Fair Housing Laws, The Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Megan's Law, Lead-Based Paint laws, and Florida eviction laws.
- Get a property rented by converting emails and phone calls into actual viewings.
- Learn how attractive staging, advertising and innovative marketing ideas can build your property management business.
- Gain a better understanding of the rental application, how to screen prospective tenants, types of consumer reports, what you have the right to require, lease agreements, types of rental insurance, disclosure requirements, risk management, and security deposits and fees.
- Learn how to explain move-in procedures and the tenant rules handbook.
- How to keep your tenants happy, select contractors and dispossession, tenants that file for bankruptcy, and The Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8).
Cathy McDaniel, REO, RETS
Certified Mortgage Specialist
American Real Estate University
Cathy McDaniel has been active in real estate for 17 years and holds a Georgia Broker’s license. She has been associated with top companies such as ERA, Prudential, Century 21, Countrywide Home Loans, GMAC Mortgage and JPMorgan Chase. She has taught in Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and Florida over the last 15 years and has passed on her secrets and insights based on her experiences as a top-producing REALTOR® and Home Loan Consultant. She acts as a consumer advocate for all mortgage and real estate professionals and organized Atlanta’s first Real Estate Industry Day in 2008 which attracted over 800 real estate professionals.
11 CE credits
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: $159
Non-ORRA Members: $174
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure |
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.