August 16, 2012
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
After completing this seminar, you will have a better understanding of the following:
Do you understand the differences between title insurance and other types of insurance?
- How to recognize the difference between an abstract and a title insurance policy
- The differences between a loan title insurance policy and an owner's title insurance policy
- How to obtain accurate title insurance charges from title companies and be able to compare them
- What types of claims are and are not covered under title insurance policies
- What an Insured Closing Protection Letter is and how it protects the real estate licensee's customer
- How a Florida title insurance agency may or may not disburse funds at the closing table
- How to assist in the prevention of real estate fraud and forgeries
- How to better represent your seller or buyer by understanding what the title commitment says
Barbara Burke, Esq.
Real Estate Law Series®
Barbara has a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Vanderbilt University, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Communications from Florida State University and a law degree from Florida State University. No longer practicing law, Barbara provides training and seminars for title, real estate, legal and mortgage groups, and keeps busy creating online seminars for her Real Estate Law Series® Online University.
3 CE credits
Course provided by Affiliated Business Consultants, LLC
Business casual attire requested for education classes.
ORRA Members: $30
Non-ORRA Members: $45
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure|
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.