March 7, 2012
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association
1330 Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810
Professional Development Department
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Need to fill those vacant rental properties?
In today’s suffering economy, many REALTORS® have reluctantly become property managers and landlords and often have difficulty collecting rent due to circumstances beyond the tenants’ control.
After several bad experiences, you may feel refreshed to know there is an alternative to the stress: subsidized housing, where a portion or all of the rent could be paid by HUD; in essence, "guaranteeing” the rent.
Having experience with Section 8 Housing can help you acquire landlords and make your job easier as the property manager with collecting rent. That said, you need to understand the rules and regulations that come with Section 8 Housing. This workshop will answer the following questions:
- What is the process of becoming a Section 8 landlord?
- What forms do I need to complete?
- How and when can I set up inspections?
- How do I secure a tenant?
- What are the tenant’s obligations to the landlord?
- What is the monetary value of the Housing Choice Voucher?
- Can the tenant pay more than the Section 8 housing allows?
- How and when do I receive the rent payments?
Cynthia DeLuca, ABR,ASR, CSR, GRI
Ms. DeLuca is an instructor for many continuing education and GRI courses. She has also written several courses for the Florida REALTORS® and two GRI courses for the Nevada Association of REALTORS®. Ms. DeLuca was awarded the 2008 REALTOR® of the Year for the West Volusia Association of REALTORS®. She has been featured in both Florida REALTOR® magazine and REALTOR® Magazine.
4 CE credits
Course provided by Walk the Talk Presentations, Inc.
Business casual attire requested for education programs.
ORRA Members: $40
Non-ORRA Members: $55
On-site: Registration Fee + $15
|Download the Brochure|
In order to receive "CE" credits for any continuing education class(es), attendees must:
- Be physically present for the entire program from beginning to end;
- Sign any/all morning or afternoon attendance sheets; and
- Refrain from using cell phones and laptops, except during designated break times.
Registration fees shown are for ORRA members who pre-register. Registration for non-ORRA members (members of other associations) is an additional fee of $15 (unless otherwise noted). On-site registrations will incur a fee of $15 in addition to the applicable registration fee.