Representation of REALTORS® before local municipalities and governmental agencies is a key function of ORRA. (The National Association of REALTORS® and Florida REALTORS® perform the same duties on the national and state stages, respectively.) Activities in this important arena include:
- Lobbying for decisions that benefit REALTORS® on issues such as sign ordinances and FREC regulations;
- Protection of the ability to practice real estate;
- Recommendations of candidates for election based on their positions on issues that are important to REALTORS®;
- Support of candidates with funding from the REALTOR® Political Action Committee; and
- "Issue forums” to keep members informed of local or statewide issues that impact the real estate industry.